On the evening of November 10, there will be lots to see and do at the Goat Farm. Corrina Sephira Mensoff, a Goat Farm studio resident, and long time TCP friend will give a tour of the complex. You are welcome to wander around the Goat Farm on your own, but if you would like to join the tour, we'll meet around the sign in the parking area which says you can't park beyond this sign (parking instructions are at the bottom of this page). Please dress for the weather as we'll be out of doors most of the time and wear comfortable walking shoes as the ground is uneven in some places and has shifting gravel in others. The Schedule in brief:
6pm - meet at the sign in the Goat Farm parking lot (see directions below)
6:15 - 7:15pm - tour begins at the Rodriguez Room, stops at Goodson Yard for a short artist talk with TINDELMICHI,
and continues through the artist open studios
7:15pm - blacksmithing demo by Corrina Sephora Mensoff
7:30 - 8pm - shop in the Artist Market and revisit artist studios Here's what's on offer for the evening: Rodriguez Room
- the current exhibition in this gallery is Flowing as Water, a collaborative piece featuring the work of Corrina Sephora Mensoff
(sculptural installation and paintings), Matt Gilbert (animations); and Ana Balka (sound). Goodson Yard
- TCP presents TindelMichi /Amandine Drouet/ Shana Robbins/ Neda Abghari installation exhibition entitled "The Second Coming" is in the building and sculptures by Corrina Sephora Mensoff in the adjacent courtyard. Café/ Library
- beer, wine, water and soda available - Cash Bar Open Studios
- Among the artists opening their studios are the following: The Creatives Project "Artists in Studio"
as follows: Justin Rabideau & Nikki Starz
(sculpture); Hannah Perner Wilson & Ashley Schick
(printmaking and fabric arts); and Brandon Sadler and Marcy Starz
(painting) Goat Farm Artists:
David Baerwalde, Jane Garver (sculptor), Mark Hopper (metalwork), Tian Justman (fashion design), Ingrid Magnuson, Corrina Sephora Mensoff (metalwork), Dee Naalam (photography and mixed media), John Paul, and Vanessa Vadim (collages and recycled materials.) Artist Market
- among the participating artists are Robin Canedy, Chelsea Darling, Emily Fisher, Robert Harrison, Tian Justman, Corrina Sephora Mensoff, Dee Naalam, and Vanessa Vadim, and Hannah Perner Wilson.
Artist Performances will be presented by Chelsea Darling (fire performance), Robert Harrison (fire sculptures), Mark Hopper (mini-bronze pour); Corrina Sephora Mensoff (blacksmithing demonstration at 7:15pm) + the Glo Atlanta dancers will be doing a roving dance performance. Things you need to know:
It's Free and RSVPs are not required.
Dress for the weather (we're going to be outside) and wear comfortable walking shoes (uneven terrain and gravel)
DIRECTIONS: Howell Mill Road to Huff Road (by the waterworks), take a left at the first stop sign onto Foster Street, go past Forsyth Fabrics, past the entrance to the Howard School, and turn right at the 3rd street with the big FRESH ROOTS FARM sign - you can park on the grass on either side - we'll meet at 6pm at the NO PARKING BEYOND THIS SIGN sign at the west end of the parking area
The tour will begin at this end of the Goat Farm and continue east back towards Foster Street where the tour will end at Corrina's studio and the Artist Market.